Programming for this season is now underway at the HLC -
additional events will be announced here as they are added to the schedule.
April 29 to May 2, 2012: Environmental Science Field School, Dalhousie University
* May 11-13, 2012: Spring Mushroom Foray - the Brackets - and Growing Shiitakes & Oysters (David Boyle and friends)
May 17-23, 2012: Ornithology, Dalhousie University SEASIDE program
* May 25-27, 2012: Logs to lumber Portable Sawmill course (Lew Dingwall)
* June 1-3, 2012: Women-only Chainsaw operation - bucking, limbing, directional felling (Patrick Allan)
* June 8-10, 2012: Ethnobotany, where botany and anthropology meet (Keith Williams and Pierre Taschereau)
* June 15-17, 2012: Writing from Nature (Harry Thurston)
June 20-24, 2012: GIS in Ecology, Dalhousie University SEASIDE program
June 30 to Aug. 4, 2012: Museum of Civilization, E'se'get Archaeology Project
August 6-8, 2012: Marine Life, Dalhousie University SEASIDE program
August 13-19, 2012: Terrestrial Ecology, Dalhousie University SEASIDE program
* Now accepting applications for these programs.
Limited enrollment (12 at most) guaranteeing quality instruction and hands-on involvement acquiring knowledge and skills.
Full program details
General Application Information and Costs
For updated information and to register please use our contact form, check back here, or join our email list.
To be included on the list please contact us by email or write
to the Harrison Lewis Centre at
RR 1 Port Joli, NS B0T 1S0.