Did you know that Nordic Pole Walking (NPW) is the fastest growing adult fitness activity in Canada?
NPW is a low-impact, full-body exercise that allows you to use more of your body, burn more calories, take pressure off your knees and ankles, and can help improve your posture. It exercises 90% of your muscles, including your heart and lungs, which is a more efficient workout than just walking.
Join us at this to learn more and try out Nordic Pole Walking with nationally certified instructor James Boyer, while we also explore the beautiful nature trails at the Harrison Lewis Centre.
Registration: To register, contact Jessica at email@example.com or (902) 440-5503.
- 10 am: Welcome, introduction, equipment review, set up, science research background
- 10:30 am: Technique demonstrations, warmup stretches, some demonstration of strength building exercises using Nordic Poles. Activities for developing technique
- 11 am: NPW with individual instruction
- 11:30 am: NPW remediation of problem areas. Questions.
- 12 pm: Lunch
- 1 pm: Warmup, review of technique. Demonstrations. NPW with individual instruction/ observations
- 2 pm: Cool down. Questions.
About James Boyer: James is a Nationally Certified Nordic Pole Walking Instructor. He was trained by Dr. Klaus Schwanbeck from Germany in 2010. James, a retired teacher, taught NPW at the Canada Games Centre for two years. He is a volunteer advocate for BMBCL and Chair of the CARP Environment Committee. James is an avid hiker, and outdoor enthusiast.
About N2O: N2O involves a series of day workshops every second Tuesday from May to September 2018 for those 55 and older, as well as their friends and family. For more information, click here.
(Photo credit: groundedrootswellness.ca)